Trondheim kunstmuseum is an open museum, a place for knowledge, a meeting place, a brave art institution and plays an active and distinct role in society.
Our ambition is to be perceived as an important European regional art museum, with an innovative programme.
This vision is guided by a fresh, energetic approach to showing, caring for and developing our collection.
An open museum is:
- Accessible to visitors of all ages, orientations and backgrounds.
- Open to different ways of seeing art and the world.
- A motor for change.
A museum for knowledge:
- Is founded in its collection, in history and the conditions of art.
- Is relevant and updated.
- Promotes sensory experience as a form of knowledge.
- Engages critically with tradition and challenges accepted truths.
A museum as a meeting place is:
- A place for meetings, discussions and feelings.
- A place for personal and shared reflection.
- A place for the exchange of ideas, free and professional.